SOUTHWEST ARKANSAS ELECTRIC
Southwest Arkansas Electric Cooperative Corporation with headquarters in Texarkana, Arkansas, is seeking qualified applicants for the position of:
BILLING COORDINATOR I at the Cooperative Headquarters
The work schedule is 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays with possible weekends, holidays and other work hours to support major outages as needed.
The starting wage will be $23.28 to $28.59 per hour with an excellent benefits package.
· Produces accurate billing statements in a timely manner and prepares them for mailing by:
1. Following the steps and procedures in the Bill Calc Checklist.
2. Processing the billing calculations needed to produce the statements.
3. Testing a random sampling of the billing calculations for accuracy for each class of accounts before billing.
· Establishes, maintains and updates all files needed to complete billing including late charges and collection notices.
· Performs other Billing Department functions in an accurate and timely manner by:
1. Monitoring the levelized billing program (which includes reviewing and checking for accuracy).
2. Processing deposit information and refunds.
3. Calculating and processing billing adjustments and cash adjustments, when necessary.
4. Issuing and processing service orders and job orders as needed (for meter reads etc).
5. Updating capital credit addresses.6Processing and administering member account contracts for billing purposes (such as for irrigation and small commercial accounts).
6. Responding to member inquiries, on the phone or in person, in a respectful, cheerful, and dignified manner.
7. Using good judgment to determine when a member would be best served by discussing issues with a staff level department manager or VP.
8. Obtaining an understanding as to which retail electric rate is to be assigned to a particular account and by understanding how each rate is used to calculate billing charges.
9. Entering and updating all applicable fields in the billing system, as needed.
· Ensures that meter readings, meter records, and other line equipment records, are processed accurately and in a timely manner by:
1. Performing meter reading associated functions as needed. This includes: (1) posting meter readings; (2) generating and checking meter reading reports; (3) requesting Operations or
2. Engineering to assist with missing reads and read certain meters a second time in order to check the first reading for accuracy (referred to as check reads); and (4) requesting reads “Read Now” from CIS or AMI system for missing readings.
3. Updating the appropriate fields on the billing system relating to new meters installed, meter exchanges, other meter information, and other equipment information. This includes checking meter multipliers and demand information, as needed.
4. Uploading AMI meter data files into billing system.
· Assists with preparation of the annual audit for the Oklahoma Public Utility Commission.
· Responsible for importing and verifying AMR data imported into billing.
· Responsible for interest changes mandated by the Arkansas Public Service Commission, and interest applied and accrued on member accounts.
· Creates customized reports as requested by other departments to assist in maximum productive use of available data.
· Creates customized reports to use in checking and updating accounts with regard to proper rates, revenue and taxes.
· Implements new rate changes and fee changes within the CIS software as well as any applicable tax changes to members accounts.
· Assists with Capital Credit Allocation and Capital Credit Retirement to member accounts.
· Responsible for proper billing for all three phase members with regards to meter readings, rate classes and billing corrections.
· Responsible for checking all rate calculations, demands and power factor calculations immediately following a billing.
· Serves as a part-time / backup System Operations Technician I.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Database management, working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets and Crystal Reports.
· Understanding of utility billing systems and meter reading.
· Knowledge of PSC rules and regulation.
· Familiarity with rural electric cooperative structure and customer based operations.
· Knowledge of general office procedures, customer service and billing.
· Ability to effectively communicate with the public, membership and employees in person and on the telephone.
· Ability to communicate effectively with auditors, PSC representatives and others in carrying out job duties.
· Ability to make and verify computations accurately and quickly.
· Ability to operate business machines such as personal computer, calculator, and copier.
· Ability to learn and assist co-workers in use of NISC and personal computer software.
· Ability to interpret and analyze PSC regulations and Cooperative Policy and Procedures to effectively carry out job duties.
· Ability to work with all aspects of the public to enhance the Cooperative’s image.
· Must be able to handle multiple tasks at the same time. Must possess excellent communication and human relations skills.
· Required to be a team player with high integrity, regular work attendance, courteous and professional, able to work well with a diverse group of people, ability to gain and maintain respect of others, both inside and outside the cooperative.
· Ability to serve as part-time / backup System Operations Technician I. Reference the System Operations Technician I job description for a comprehensive list of knowledge, skills and abilities required for this role.
· Ability to work with Engineering and Operations employees relating to billing duties.
· Ability to work with auditors, NISC, PSC representatives and others.
· Serves as a Customer Service contact and maintains a professional working relationship with the Arkansas Public Service Commission and possesses a thorough knowledge and understanding of their regulations regarding customer service.
· Responds to customer billing inquiries and complaints that Member Service Reps are unable to resolve.
Experience and Education
· High school diploma or equivalent required.
· A minimum of 5 years Customer Service experience working with a utility or others.
· College degree with emphasis in business is preferred.
Applications and/or resumes must be received by January 31, 2018, sent to the attention of Rhonda Morrow at firstname.lastname@example.org or at the headquarters office.
Southwest Arkansas Electric Cooperative Corporation
2904 East 9th Street
Texarkana, Arkansas 71854
Interview is by invitation only. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status. This institution is an Equal Opportunity Provider and Employer.
This institution is an equal opportunity provider and employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or veteran status.
© 2018 - Southwest Arkansas Electric Cooperative