HUMAN RESOURCE SPECIALIST– Job opening at the Texarkana, Arkansas, Headquarters office. The position requires a Bachelor’s degree with emphasis in Human Resources or related field or equivalent work experience. HRCI/SHRM certification and Payroll processing experience preferred.
· Maintain all payroll records.
· Process time sheets and payroll deposits.
· Prepare all W2 statements, Arkansas-Texas tax forms and Affordable Care Act documentation.
· Assist with the hiring process by distributing information to applicants, maintaining appropriate files, sending response letters, and administering tests.
· Assist with the evaluation process through maintaining files, updating wage and salary records, and tracking peer and supervisor performance appraisals.
· Perform the orientation process for new employees.
· Assist employees with enrollment into various benefit plans, life events, loan pay-offs, and contribution changes.
· Assist beneficiaries with entitlement to death benefits of deceased employees.
· Track DOT re-certifications monthly; contact and follow-up on necessary procedures and paperwork.
· Provide monthly Compensation and Overtime reports.
· Maintain records for Safety Awards program and make recommendation for other incentive programs to allow cooperative to recognize employees for exemplary services.
· Coordination and implementation of Wellness Program.
· Perform other accounting, Human Resources and payroll duties as needed.
· Maintain confidentiality of all data involving human resource and payroll aspects of each employee.
· Prepare payroll compliance reporting for requesting agencies and organizations.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
· Knowledge of laws and regulations pertaining to pension plans, payroll, worker’s compensation and other employee related items.
· Knowledge of report preparation guidelines for OSHA and worker’s comp.
· Knowledge of accounting and payroll processing procedures.
· Knowledge of Excel spreadsheets, word-processing, power point, and database management tools.
· Ability to organize, prioritize and multi-task.
· Ability to effectively communicate in verbal and written format.
· Ability to interpret laws and regulations for pension plans, OSHA, worker’s compensation, payroll, and other benefits.
· Ability to orientate new hire employees and current employees on benefits and policies.
· Ability to implement changes to benefit programs.
· Ability to work with employee group, directors, retirees, and other agencies.
· Ability to work with general public.
· Bachelor’s degree with emphasis in Human Resources or related field, or equivalent work experience is required.
· HRCI/SHRM certification preferred.
· Payroll processing experience preferred.
Applications may be submitted by mail or in person to the headquarters office or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications must be received no later than June 28, 2019.
Southwest Arkansas Electric Cooperative Corporation
2904 East 9th Street
Texarkana, Arkansas 71854
An application must accompany a resume to be considered for the position.
Interview is by
invitation only. All qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status.
This institution is an Equal
Opportunity Provider and Employer.