INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY TECHNICIAN at the Cooperative Headquarters
· Data Communications.
· Ethernet TCP/IP networking.
· Performs functions as Help Desk Operator.
· Provide phone support of a technical nature to all internal customers.
· Assist in performing security officer functions for the NISC system.
· Assist IT department employees in special projects.
· Track computers and software, keeping a current inventory record of each computer’s serial number, memory, type, upgrades, and location.
· Periodically inventory all computer hard drives for software audit
· Administer computer software training for employees.
· Operate and monitor the Automatic Meter Infrastructure (AMI) systems, Automatic Vehicle Locator (AVL) system, Outage Management (OMS) system, Telephone system, and other equipment for the cooperative.
· Assist in maintaining the cooperative’s engineering data information files for NISC, CRC, and GIS.
· To produce maps, diagrams, drawings, and reports as needed, using the GIS, the database software, associated plotters, printers, or copiers, and other related software or systems.
· Updates and makes Corrections to GIS to reflect any changes made to the electrical system relating to the new construction, line conversions, maintenance programs, switching operations, phase changes, etc., to insure an accurate and current representation of the electrical system.
· Updates and makes changes to GIS to reflect accurate and current geographical and land base information including but not limited to highways, roads, lakes, rivers, creeks, wetlands, city limits, town limits, district lines, tax districts, service territories, easements, Board districts, property lines, and developments.
· Performs all work required of GIS area to ensure that information relating to the service order and work order process is properly entered into GIS and accounting and information systems.
· Imports and exports data to and from GIS to facilitate the sharing of information with, county governments, cities, towns, developers, police departments, fire departments, and other utilities as needed.
· Operates Global Positioning System (GPS) equipment in field to attach real-world coordinates to the associated location in GIS; Imports this data and makes adjustments as needed.
· Uses GIS to maintain all pertinent size, type, assembly, configuration, joint use, and maintenance data on electrical distribution system poles, lines, and equipment and generates related reports as needed.
· Troubleshooting for computer, printer, virus, security problems, and for LAN users- solving routine log-in and PC configuration problems at district offices and with third party support to resolve issues.
· Serves as a backup System Operations Tech to assist with dispatch and outage restoration activities.
· Performs other work activities as directed and required; and is subject to emergency call- out.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
· Ability to interpret SCADA information, system maps, and AMI information in order to determine the nature and location of system faults, including the development of outage restoration plans in conjunction with district personnel.
· Knowledge of networks, PCs, communication equipment, and operating systems as they relate to System administration and maintenance.
· Knowledge of Cisco network systems, including routers, switches and firewall configurations.
· Knowledge of PC applications, Windows, Microsoft exchange, and Microsoft Office programs to assist users.
· Skill in performing basic mathematical computations.
· Skill in communicating with employees and vendors in order to diagnose computer problems.
· Ability to resolve basic system problems and data losses through research and investigation of documentation and drawing from past experience.
· Ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
· Ability to ensure the accuracy of data entered into various systems.
· Ability to perform finger and hand manipulation and perform repetitive motions in order to use a computer keyboard as part of daily duties.
· Ability to exert up to 50lbs.
· Ability to follow the system electrically to determine the direction of feed, cut points, and phasing on the electrical distribution system.
· Ability to read and follow maps.
· Skilled in working and communicating with employees, members, and the public.
· Acquire the necessary knowledge to work with NISC software and support.
· Valid Driver’s license required.
· Ability to work with engineering personnel in maintaining and updating the AMI system.
· Ability to work with line or service personnel in dispatching work activities and outages.
· Ability to work with NISC support personnel in implementation and troubleshooting.
· An Associate Degree in Information Technology or related technical field required.
· Two or more years of relevant experience required. Additional education in Computer Science or
Information technology may be considered in lieu of experience.
Applications are available at www.swrea.com and must be received by April 30, 2019.
Southwest Arkansas Electric Cooperative Corporation
2904 East 9th Street
Texarkana, Arkansas 71854
Or by email to email@example.com
An application must accompany submitted resumes for employment consideration.
Interview is by invitation only. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status. This institution is an Equal Opportunity Provider and Employer.